Friday, September 12, 2008

While I'm Away

I’m going to an enclave on an island
They’re going to apply crystals to my spine,
A single crystal for each vertebrae
And when I’m back, I’ll be realigned,
And, rubbed with ointment, centered.
Please take care of the cat in the meantime.
Thanks, Frank. Food’s in the cupboard.

They pluck the ailment from the trepanned skull,
Those Filipino shamen, wow! I’m going there
So they can work on me, and when my chi-energy
Is finally released, I’ll hatch new projects
That’ll have ‘em weeping in the board room.
But remember Dave, never ever double-cross me.

I’m off to see the wizard: to be baptized
In blood. It’s a communal feeling in the woods.
As our fists pound hollow logs in basso profundo
Resonance, our hoarse cries harass the moon.
While I’m gone Joan, please water the flowers.
They mean so much to me, my anima mundi.

I’ll be in Aspen a week, getting rolfed.
If there are office issues, please address them.
And when I’m back, I’ll be unwound completely
and pound the desk with double fists in ways
That will astound Support. And by the way,
Don’t let the cat out, and never ever fuck with me.

No comments: